Akiba Fest Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What should I be playing?

4 posters

Go down

What should I be playing? Empty What should I be playing?

Post  Conscious Wed 03 Oct 2007, 5:27 pm

Its been about three weeks since I last played a video game. Three long and boring weeks of no video games.

Of course some of that is due to the red ring of death that appeared on my 360 three weeks ago, and has left me really depressed since. I had just started disk two of "Blue Dragon" too. But, I now feel up to playing games again. This brings me to the title question, what should I be playing?

I usually play RPGs and things. I happen to like epic stories and many hours of game play. Back in the old days it would be easy to decide what to play. I would just grab whatever Squaresoft or Enix game I hadn't played recently. I suppose I could still do this, though I find that the time it takes me to desire to replay a game increases each time I beat it. This means that for all the games I own I need about another two to three months before I'll have the desire to play through any of them again.

Therefore I need a new game to play. What's good?

Conscious
Akiba Agent

Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2007-10-01

Back to top Go down

What should I be playing? Empty Re: What should I be playing?

Post  Guest Sun 07 Oct 2007, 1:59 am

Ah, I'm so behind on my video game playing as well. No time, I guess, working with TenBu keeps me busy!

Some of the games I never get tired of include the Onimusha series, and of course the Silent Hill series. I don't have time to play RPGs through anymore, but I have heard good things of FF12~! You might try any of those and let me know what you think!

Back to top Go down

Post  hosnapsbishes Tue 06 Nov 2007, 4:33 pm

Two words: Fatal. Frame.

Best. Game. Ever.
hosnapsbishes
hosnapsbishes

Number of posts : 12
Humor : "I thought it was a ninja... but it was just a penguin's back." -Becca
Registration date : 2007-10-23

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue 06 Nov 2007, 11:41 pm

hosnapsbishes wrote:Two words: Fatal. Frame.

Best. Game. Ever.

HAHA One of my favorites EVER.

Back to top Go down

Post  Belf Sat 17 Nov 2007, 2:44 am

Mari wrote:Ah, I'm so behind on my video game playing as well. No time, I guess, working with TenBu keeps me busy!

Some of the games I never get tired of include the Onimusha series, and of course the Silent Hill series. I don't have time to play RPGs through anymore, but I have heard good things of FF12~! You might try any of those and let me know what you think!
Most of the guys at TMP loved FF12, but I just couldn't get into it. The story failed to capture my attention like past games in the series had, and the action itself was somewhat boring. I thought that the battle system (which blends turn based and real time elements) looked interesting, yet it just felt too repetitive and a bit too hands off. Yes you can TECHNICALLY play with complete control over all of your characters, but the game clearly wasn't designed with that in mind. Everything about it felt solid, but nothing really grabbed me. I played for about 40 hours and just lost any motivation that I had to move on. With all that said, almost everyone else seems to love it, so it might still be worthwhile for you to give it a try. Smile

One game that almost all JRPG fans, including myself, love is Shadow Hearts: Covenant. Something distracted me (god knows what it was, though. Razz) and stopped me from finishing it, yet I was still in love with it. A definite must play. Smile

Belf

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2007-10-28

Back to top Go down

Post  SPDRunba Thu 18 Dec 2008, 2:11 am

What you should be playing? Anything you want Smile

but honestly... Left 4 Dead, any Evil Dead game an~d DEVIL MAY CRY 1-4
SPDRunba
SPDRunba

Number of posts : 31
Humor : Anything :D
Registration date : 2008-12-18

http://orangepickles.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down