Akiba Fest Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

There were larger economic and environmental factors to golf

Go down

There were larger economic and environmental factors to golf Empty There were larger economic and environmental factors to golf

Post  teatylove Sat 02 Jul 2011, 5:12 am

There were larger economic and environmental factors to golf

I really don't blame developers for the overbuilding of upscale courses, as it seems to me that there were larger economic and environmental factors at play that caused this. Callaway X22[ If I look back when I was learning the game as a kid, there were usually a few local muni courses to learn on, Ping G15and they were very kid and family friendly - they really served as the cornerstone for bringing people into the game. Ping G15For those more well-heeled, there might be a few upscale courses in an area or a country club, but by far the largest number of courses were very affordable courses run by the local municipality. Callaway FT-iZ DriverLooking at the courses today, there are pretty much the same muni operations still in existence but the expansion in courses to accommodate the expansion in population has all been in more upscale courses, TaylorMade R9frequently wrapped into a housing development.

teatylove

Number of posts : 84
Registration date : 2011-06-16

Back to top Go down