Akiba Fest Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is there a portion of J-pop that is being ignored by the US

2 posters

Go down

What is your choice of J-Pop?

Is there a portion of J-pop that is being ignored by the US Vote_lcap75%Is there a portion of J-pop that is being ignored by the US Vote_rcap 75% 
[ 3 ]
Is there a portion of J-pop that is being ignored by the US Vote_lcap25%Is there a portion of J-pop that is being ignored by the US Vote_rcap 25% 
[ 1 ]
Is there a portion of J-pop that is being ignored by the US Vote_lcap0%Is there a portion of J-pop that is being ignored by the US Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Is there a portion of J-pop that is being ignored by the US Vote_lcap0%Is there a portion of J-pop that is being ignored by the US Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 4

Is there a portion of J-pop that is being ignored by the US Empty Is there a portion of J-pop that is being ignored by the US

Post  Asu Sat 06 Oct 2007, 9:15 pm

I must say that i think a good deal of J-Pop is ignored by the J-Pop loving crowd in the US. At Least the names I am going to mention are definitely not as widely heard or mentioned as let's see... Gackt, utada, or Ayumi-
In fact I think these days acts like utada and Ayumi have even taken a back seat to more flamboyant Rock groups.
I know with the mix show I now DJ I will try to cover a wide variety of J-Pop music.

So I'd like to know everyones opinion on how you think these other artist are.

Koda Kumi (easy one I know)

OK how about...
Misia, Minmi, Ai Otsuka, Bonnie Pink, Maaya Sakamoto, Ali project, Asuka hayashi, M-Flo, Rymster, Da Pump

I think many of you have noticed that this list is compiled of some R&B type artists- Well that's my point, J-Pop is has a wide variety of sounds but some portions have been ignored- do you agree?

P.S. Don't get me wrong- I like J-rock very much- but I must admit I personally like a lot of R&B sounding J-Pop over rock at times. But to me it's all good... unless it's bad.
Asu
Asu

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2007-10-06

Back to top Go down

Is there a portion of J-pop that is being ignored by the US Empty Re: Is there a portion of J-pop that is being ignored by the US

Post  Guest Sun 07 Oct 2007, 1:55 am

My track record with J-Pop music traces back years, but has followed the poppy boybands or the visual kei rock bands of the past ten years. I have, in this past year or so, learned so much more about the variety of sounds coming from Japan.

I personally find it interesting that people are indifferent about the music from artists they've never heard of before, but immediately jump when they hear the names "Gackt" or "L'Arc-en-Ciel." The American J-Pop Listening Community is very closed-minded in many regards.

In opening my mind to the different sounds of A-Music, as diverse as the sounds of the American music industry, I have foud so much more that I like. I've branched out so much and listen to a HUGE assortment of A-Music now!

I wish that somehow the music that has gone under-appreciated by the American listening community will be heard and enjoyed. First step is to get people listening~!

Back to top Go down

Is there a portion of J-pop that is being ignored by the US Empty Re: Is there a portion of J-pop that is being ignored by the US

Post  maruandmoro Fri 22 Aug 2008, 11:03 am

well, we really like all sorts of j-pop, but moro's favorite genre is rock and maru's favorite genre is the one with the techno beats! yeah! Very Happy

but its true that a lot of music is ignored. we only know the bands that have songs in anime, video games, or what has been personally introduced to us. but if there was a way to hear all of asian music, not just mainstream bands/artists, that would be awesome.
maruandmoro
maruandmoro

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2008-08-22

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum