Akiba Fest Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

News about British Open

Go down

News about British Open Empty News about British Open

Post  sunnygreen73 Tue 24 Jul 2012, 4:03 am

News about British Open

Cape Town, South Africa - Shortly after winning the British Open on Sunday night, South Africa's champion golfer Ernie Els paid a glowing tribute to former President Nelson Mandela ‘for everything he has done for South Africa and the rest of Africa’. Els fended off Australian Adam Scott and American callaway razr x irons Tiger Woods to win his fourth Major tournament at the age of 42. Els said he remained inspired by Mandela who celebrated his 94th birthday last week. 'He has been very much in my thoughts. I grew up in the apartheid era and then changing into the democratic era and President Mandela was right there. And right after the change, I was the first one to win a Major,' he said. The champion golfer was referring to the 1994 US Open, just two months after Mandela was elected as the country’s taylormade r11 driver first black President. Els, who will keep the famous Claret Jug trophy for the next 12 months, said he hopes to share a drink from it with Mandela. Meanwhile, President Jacob Zuma has hailed Els for his hard-earned victory “I extend my warmest congratulations to Mr Els for making our nation so proud and walk tall. We are all beaming with pride at this magnificent South African victory,” President Zuma said Monday. On the strength of his victory, Els will jump from 40th to 15th place in Monday's ping g15 driver world rankings. Heidi Holland is a well-know South African columnist, journalist and author of several books concerning African politics, including the internationally acclaimed Dinner with Mugabe. Her latest release is a carefully penned history of South Africa's ruling party, the African National Congress (ANC), from its early beginnings 10 decades ago to its current less certain popularity. Opening with the early days of the country's most iconic freedom fighter and former ANC President Nelson Mandela, the book takes a general approach on ANC's struggle for freedom rather than just acknowledging Mandela's vital role in ending the apartheid. Based on a series of writings and interviews with past iconic leaders involved in ping k15 irons the country's liberation movement, the story captures key moments in ANC's history and, most importantly, a reflection on Mandela's legacy and what is still to come. After 82 years of struggle for a non-racial society, ANC's struggle does not appear to end. Perhaps this is the book's most important message. More than just casting an taylormade r11s driver objective reflection of the past, the author invites the reader to analyse and question the country's future under its current leadership, which looks much less certain than in its glory days of struggle against apartheid. Highly detailed, educational and informative, 100 Years of Struggle - Mandela's ANC deserves its place in every South African home (and beyond, for those who want to familiarise with South Africa's history).

sunnygreen73

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2012-07-03

Back to top Go down