Akiba Fest Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New York Anime Festival!

3 posters

Go down

New York Anime Festival! Empty New York Anime Festival!

Post  Guest Sun 04 Nov 2007, 1:08 pm

(I wonder what the acronym for this will be...)

So, okay, Unicorn Table will be there... and even if they weren't going to be there, I'd still go, I mean it's NEW YORK and ANIME put together, that's RIDICULOUS. I'm going Wink I can't wait to see the cosplayers hopping around Times Square~!!! Laughing

Who else is thinking about this? I discovered how easy it is to get to Manhattan for the day and it isn't that expensive at all, compared to what people normally pay to get to and stay at cons! Check the rail lines!

Back to top Go down

New York Anime Festival! Empty Re: New York Anime Festival!

Post  hosnapsbishes Tue 06 Nov 2007, 4:19 pm

Giiirl, you know I'd be there in a heartbeat. It's all about the money and getting up there. Oh, and finding a place to sleep. =____=
hosnapsbishes
hosnapsbishes

Number of posts : 12
Humor : "I thought it was a ninja... but it was just a penguin's back." -Becca
Registration date : 2007-10-23

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat 10 Nov 2007, 12:17 am

hosnapsbishes wrote:Giiirl, you know I'd be there in a heartbeat. It's all about the money and getting up there. Oh, and finding a place to sleep. =____=

There are so many nooks in Manhattan, I'm sure you can find a place to stay for the weekend while up there! if you're still going... O-o --staaaare--

Back to top Go down

Post  hosnapsbishes Mon 12 Nov 2007, 9:51 am

Well, you know that I cant go now.
Darn last minute weddings.. =____=
hosnapsbishes
hosnapsbishes

Number of posts : 12
Humor : "I thought it was a ninja... but it was just a penguin's back." -Becca
Registration date : 2007-10-23

Back to top Go down

New York Anime Festival! Empty umm...I'll be at NYAF...

Post  dj_kittygirl Wed 21 Nov 2007, 12:00 pm

Yeah, its sam again. Its been awhile, but anyway. I'll be at Nyaf and for that fact alone it will be great. But seriously, I can't wait to see Unicorn Table again together. It is going to rock.

Oh, and I gotta check out Sopporo (I think I spelled that right -_-U). When I went a few months ago, ramen bowls were the size of my face. I loved it.

Anyway, what is eveyrone looking forward to?
dj_kittygirl
dj_kittygirl

Number of posts : 2
Humor : Humor? What is this Humor that you speak of ?
Registration date : 2007-10-04

http://www.otakuliferadio.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu 22 Nov 2007, 3:51 pm

dj_kittygirl wrote:Yeah, its sam again. Its been awhile, but anyway. I'll be at Nyaf and for that fact alone it will be great. But seriously, I can't wait to see Unicorn Table again together. It is going to rock.

Oh, and I gotta check out Sopporo (I think I spelled that right -_-U). When I went a few months ago, ramen bowls were the size of my face. I loved it.

Anyway, what is eveyrone looking forward to?

You and me. Sopporo. Smile

Err, looking forward to UNICORN TABLE.... dur Razz

Back to top Go down

Post  TheMightyWidget Sat 08 Dec 2007, 6:30 am

could someone please tell me what it was like cause I'm unable to go, since I'm currently overseas. I wish I had a cool job like Mari's so I could hang out with the japanese people. But I'm stuck in my current job for the next few years T.T I want to try and get a job in the entertainment business with like video editing and stuff... I'll have to start doing research.

And also it's so quiet here...i mean i can hear the crickets from the next neighborhood over x.x

But if anyone does come back please let me know what it was like cause I miss going to cons already.
TheMightyWidget
TheMightyWidget

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2007-10-04

http://www.myspace.com/the_mighty_widget

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed 12 Dec 2007, 2:59 am

TheMightyWidget wrote:could someone please tell me what it was like cause I'm unable to go, since I'm currently overseas. I wish I had a cool job like Mari's so I could hang out with the japanese people. But I'm stuck in my current job for the next few years T.T I want to try and get a job in the entertainment business with like video editing and stuff... I'll have to start doing research.

And also it's so quiet here...i mean i can hear the crickets from the next neighborhood over x.x

But if anyone does come back please let me know what it was like cause I miss going to cons already.

Aw. Thanks~

NYAF, where to START. It was a HUGE con for it's first year. 17,000 folks shipped themselves out to the Jacob Javits Center in manhattan and let me tell ya, WOW. It was a busy weekend, I don't remember much except for working, but the exibition hall for dealers was amazingly large (well, maybe that's expected ^^) and the Unicorn Table concert was FRICKEN AMAZING. 2,000 showed up for that concert and people were like, moshing in the front of the stage to the music. I also had the opportunity to interview Unicorn Table and guest of honor, Kobun Shizuno, which was a huge honor. SO much stuff going on. I know a lot of the other people in TenBu who went might have more stuff to say.

I'm sorry you couldn't make it out Sad I know how much that sucks, but you know what, when you get back, youll just enjoy yourself at the cons all the more <3 ^^

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down